How to stop dog attacks.

Our small & timid male Pomeranian has been savagely attacked on the street by unleashed & out of control larger dogs 4 times in the past 2 years. The latest attack on Tuesday last left both my wife & the pom bloody, bruised and traumatised. First stop was to the Vets. hospital & then the wife had to get treatment for shock & cuts. She is getting back to normal but the dog is lucky to be alive. No more "walkies" unless we can find some means of protection. I have seen small hand held stun guns used in the States They are advertised on lots of internet sites but apparently are not allowed here & it is considered a criminal offence to own one. I have been told that they really do the job & momentarily stun without permanently damaging the attacking animal.
Anybody out there got any legal alternatives? Even a heavy stick has no effect on these frenzied bloodthirsty dogs once they get their teeth in ?
HELP PLEASE !

Don't underestimate the power of simple lemon juice - our springer tends to go for our king charles from time to time usually in play but he's too rough - squeeze lemon juice straight into the mouth and he backs off.

Back