How to make grass lushy green color?

No, wishing to be a party-pooper, but I imagine that a very significant amount of this artificial fertiliser ends up in our surface water, contributing to the enrichment and eutrophication of our inland waterways. If you are not in a coastal region, the impact is obviously greater, as our fresh water has a more limited ability to absorb this enrichment.

I concede the argument in favour of fertiliser in terms of bringing a lawn from inadequate to adequate, but once your lawn is adequate I think you should stop: we should all bear in mind that these products have consequences for the environment.

Mob,
Decent point you;ve raised, however it's more relevant to intensive farmers who spread maybe 20 or 30 tonnes of fertiliser per year on their farm than to a householder spreading a couple of kilos of fertiliser on their lawn once a year.
The quality of our waterways is certainly a cause for concern and we all need to act responsibly. (Co. Councils included!)

Hi all.

Im in new house nearly a year and looking at the grass now it seems to be looking yellow in places.

Most of the other properties on the road are the same, one of the neighbours behind my house has real green grass.

Is there anything I could use now to get it green? or will I have to wait untill later in the year?

Thanks
Blueshoes :)

Matter of interest is there a dog in the area using the lawn as a loo?
I had this problem with the neighbours dog not so long ago and I had dead patches of lawn, I invested in a set of gates and this sloved the problem.

Can anyone advise if using any of the suggestions above on a new lawn would cause harm to new grass (aprox. 6 months set) ?

If you want weed and feed B&Q have a good deal at the moment. Evergreen Complete 3.5 Kg with spreader plus 3.5 Kg Evergreen Complete for €15 normal price €23.46.

Back