How to complain about Bank

Northerngirl

I applied for a credit card 3months ago with AIB. To cut a long story short, I have now been into my local branch 4 times for the required documentation, having been told by branch I only needed 1 months bank statements, then this was changed to 6months. Having finally submitted this all, I have been informed that they have now lost my 6 months statements which I gave them a fortnight ago
The statements have been lost in the internal system somewhere??
Aside from being extremely angry at their incompetence, should I be worried that my personal details are lost and out there somewhere??
Every time I ring the bank I have to deal with different people, including the local manager yesterday. Ive been told to send in statements again. Who can I make a complaint to??

you can get a credit card in any bank, they are dishing them out - i would tell them you are taking your business elsewhere and then would. Statements cost money to print off and I would be just as peeved as you.

I had an almost identical experience with Ulster Bank although mine lasted twelve months.
Bank Of Ireland have taken two months and counting since opening a new account to send out the introduction pack incl. online banking application form. It's a business account so I can't even do phone banking so I don't know if my invoices are being paid.
Another person I know opened their business account with BOI four months ago and are still banking by fax - three lost forms so far.
I don't think you have much recourse, it's just one of the perks of the low cost model in operation in so many places nowadays.

Thanks Nelly and DH2o, Reassured Im just not jinxed with Irish banks.Had the same experience with UBank, dealing endlessly with a UK call centre, getting knowhere, so decided to change account to AIB. Cant believe its the same, was considering BoI, but glad youv'e warned me DH2o.
I cant understand as Im rarely overdrawn, good credit history, etc;
Previously dealt for years with Abbey National and Alliance and Leicester in the Uk who were faultless and so effecient. I just cant seem to find a bank I can trust with my finances...

Does anyone know of a banking regulator or customer/consumer body that sets standards for Irish banks??

[broken link removed] or the [broken link removed]? You need to exhaust the institution's own complaints process before going to the FSO though.

Just to say, I complained in writing to AIB head office, and very promptly received phonecall from their customer care centre, they very quickly discovered my details were found in the credit card centre. I was sent a letter of apology, my new visa card, and 50 euros of vouchers by way of apology. So it pays (excuse pun) to complain...

Back