How safe is Revolut?

I use it like a “prepay card” (like others above). Wouldn’t trust them to use as a main bank account yet.

The main problem I have had is customer service. When some funds didn’t arrive I only got a chatbot. We went round in circles. There didn’t seem to be a way of escalating it. (Funds did turn up about 2 weeks later).

...I found that it was easy to satisfy them and open an account. I think it was just my passport I had to send them. I don't think I gave them proof of my address even.

Brendan

That may be because they used the likes of the electoral register to evidence your address. :)

...The main problem I have had is customer service. When some funds didn’t arrive I only got a chatbot. We went round in circles. There didn’t seem to be a way of escalating it..

I've had that problem too, there's a couple of key words you can type to get past the chatbot, can't even remember what they are, it took so long to figure them out - something like "service" if memory services.

Slate their customer service on the likes of Google, is probably the best way to try and push them to improve on it.

If you want to speak to a human in Revolut chat type "live agent" , but you could be forgiven for thinking the live agent has passed away such is the delay at times.
Like others have said here I only put on my card what I'm about to spend imminently and I would always carry an alternative card. Overall I like Revolut , especially the fx rates.

I was in GB last week and loaded my revolut GBP 'purse' at a rate of 0.86. I also used my BOI Mastercard while over there and was charged at 0.84. When I transferred the GBP back to EUR, it was also at 0.86. 2p per EUR was no great saving for the out-of-pocket spending I was doing, but that may as well be in my pocket as anyone elses.
Earlier this year I went to Newry with my daughter to buy a phone using my revolut card. The rate difference on that spend was material. Not enough to cover my petrol, but enough for a coffee.

I was in GB last week and loaded my revolut GBP 'purse' at a rate of 0.86. I also used my BOI Mastercard while over there and was charged at 0.84. When I transferred the GBP back to EUR, it was also at 0.86. 2p per EUR was no great saving for the out-of-pocket spending I was doing, but that may as well be in my pocket as anyone elses.
Earlier this year I went to Newry with my daughter to buy a phone using my revolut card. The rate difference on that spend was material. Not enough to cover my petrol, but enough for a coffee.

I find it can make decent savings for you if you keep Sterling in your account and pay in Sterling on Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime and free delivery it really adds up when comparing the comparative spend in an Irish store, especially for business/office items.

They have a very negative reputation as to how they treat staff, lots of complaints about overwork, 7 days a week culture and that would make me nervous as it leads to turnover which can become a vicious circle for a company. I'd also be concerned if they are not following AML rules as some posters have hinted on here.

Back