HOW MUCH TO PAINT THE OUTSIDE OF A HOUSE ?

twofor1

Typical 1950’s 4 bed semi in Dublin, ground floor to the front only is red brick so does not need painting, everything else, upstairs front, and all of side and back is pebbledash with borders, all to be painted.

Windows, porch door, back doors, facia soffit and gutters are PVC / Aluminum, so don’t need to be painted but all reveals and window sills need painting.

Hall door, garage door, their timber frames and metal waste pipes to be painted.

Low front garden wall and pillars to be painted.

A neighbor had similar done last year by a local handyman for only €1.2K, prepared nothing, diluted everything, now looks like it needs doing again. I did it properly myself last time 15 years ago and only starting to look shabby recently.

What could I expect to pay a professional painter who will supply quality paint, and properly prepare and paint the above ?

Anyone had similar done recently ? I’m thinking around €3K.

Thank's.

I'd prefer to buy the paint myself. Years ago my mother bought cheap paint from Dunnes. Nine coats later (I was doing the painting) it still wasn't right.

There is no such thing as good cheap paint. At this stage I should have shares in Dulux white and magnolia paint.

Back