How much do you tip the delivery driver when ordering a takeaway?

Any of them…just generally. I see from Sarah Ryan that the driver isn’t getting all of it in her husband’s case.
Ok I got the facts!

So in my husband's case he works out of a take away in Ashbourne, some nights could have 3 drivers on, some nights 2, some nights 2 until 9pm and then just the 1 after that

They get to keep all of the delivery money (I thought it was split half and half dunno where I got that from)

Local delivery is €2.50
Ratoath / Coolquay / Naul is €4.50
Garristown/Oldtown is €7.50

You get fuel money of €5 per hour, I didn't know this either - with all the roadworks that have been going on in Ashbourne, if you got a Ratoath run at 5.30pm on a Thursday best of luck, the fuel money is going to be evaporated in the traffic and you are getting cold food doesn't matter how good a tipper you are, the poor car doesn't fly lol

Bad night approx €90
A very good night - €140 max but that has to be a night you are on your own and busy busy
Average €110

(my husband works shift and this- so whoever does tip extra thank you, I barely see him so nice to know he is being looked after, he deserves it double jobbing is hard work but there are no handouts for the people on the middle!)

Last edited:
Back