How much do you pay for crèche?

qwerty5

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to compare crèche fees. Most sites don't put their prices online and I'm aware of one crèche at least that charges different prices for kids based on when they joined.

So looking for some input to get an idea if I should be looking around.

Could you put the location of your crèche age of child and monthly cost (the actual amount it costs you after the government grant) .
I'm not sure if it should be too specific.

So mine is

Dublin - Clarehall
2.5 year old
€895 a month.
Product: 5 full days a week

Edit: added a line for product as per Retired2017s suggestion. I suppose some parents use half days or not a full week or some other special arrangement.

Last edited:
Would you also need to state the amount of hours each day and how many days /time starting/finishing/anything special required,

Oranmore, Co. Galway
4.5 year old
€640/month

(includes 3 hours of free pre-school during school term)

Would you also need to state the amount of hours each day and how many days /time starting/finishing/anything special required,

I suppose if it was out of the ordinary, yeah. I was assuming 5 full days. Start time doesn't really matter unless you're paying for a half day.
If my child doesn't attend for weeks (holidays) there's no discount.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to compare crèche fees. Most sites don't put their prices online and I'm aware of one crèche at least that charges different prices for kids based on when they joined.

So looking for some input to get an idea if I should be looking around.

Could you put the location of your crèche age of child and monthly cost (the actual amount it costs you after the government grant) .
I'm not sure if it should be too specific.

So mine is

Dublin - Clarehall
2.5 year old
€895 a month.
Product: 5 full days a week

Edit: added a line for product as per Retired2017s suggestion. I suppose some parents use half days or not a full week or some other special arrangement.
Govt grant does not apply for all years , if you have a 1 year old you pay more v a 4 year old

Back