How long should it take to get the cheque from the solicitor?

Ron Burgundy

our cheque was issued the friday before last (26 may ) and we still haven't got it from our solicator, she has know rang and said she will have it thurday for us, now i don't know much about these things but is 8 working days a long time to wait for this ?????

Re: how long should it take to get the cheque from the solicator

Selling or buying?

mf

its a remortage of a property my fiancee owns, so just money to us and one seperate cheque to pay off a car loan.

Well probably could do it quicker but if she got it on a Friday she may not have lodged it until Monday/Tuesday and then there was a Bank Holiday yesterday but I hardly think she has either run away with it or is making vast sums of interest on it. It would be easier all round if lenders would lodge by electronic transfer - money is then in the account.

mf

found out this morning she had the funds available last friday and didn't bother arranging a meeting until last night. not even an apology when i asked why weren't we given the choice of an earlier meeting or told funds were available.

to top it all off she wrote the cheque out wrong and any plans we had for payment over the weekend are now gone:rolleyes:

Back