How long for the Ombudsman to process a Tracker Complaint

bluestilton

Still can't figure out why it would take 3 years to reach a decision and I know I am not the only person in this situation. I wonder how many staff are employed there at their grading structure.

SaySomething

Frequent Poster
I lodged a complaint with the FSPO in late October. It took until early January to issue me an acknowledgement and reference number in writing. However, I was informed then that there are 25 new hires in the Ombudsman's office this January and that they expect to be able to progress tracker complaints at a faster rate. I've still to hear from an investigating officer and to be honest I won't be holding my breath.

bluestilton

Emailed the FSPO for an update, have received a reply that it can take up to 12 months to adjudicate. They stated that my case went to adjudication in April 2019, so hopefully some news soon. Now that AIB cohort of complaints have been dealt with perhaps it will speed things up for everyone else.

Thomas

Frequent Poster
Mine went into adjudication in Aug/Sept 2018 (complaint submitted Feb 2017)and still waiting on decision

NoRegretsCoyote

Frequent Poster
My case (non tracker) was forwarded for adjudication in September and am still waiting for a preliminary decision.

It's been promised twice but nothing.
I've just got an adjudication after a nearly five-month wait. Non tracker.

11.5 months start to finish. That was with no dispute on facts and very quick turn-around by me and in fairness the provider too.

Summercruising

Is the AIB cohort case done and dusted, I understood only a preliminary ruling. I’m sure AIB will appeal and drag on the sorry saga for much longer!

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Is the AIB cohort case done and dusted,
Let's assume the worst here.
  1. AIB makes additional observations on the preliminary decision.
  2. The Ombudsman sends them to us for our comments
  3. We are unlikely to make any comments so will say so by return.
  4. Then it will be up to the Ombudsman to decide if AIB has added something new. The scope for something new is very limited.
  5. The Ombudsman will make his decision final and legally binding
This will not take much effort by the Ombudsman. So there should be a lot of time freed up to process other cases.

If AIB appeals the Ombudsman's decision to the High Court, then he will put all the AIB prevailing rate cases on hold.

So whatever happens, The Ombudsman will be spending a lot less time on the AIB Prevailing Rate issue.

Brendan