how do i find the owner of a car

Ron Burgundy

hi,

i have a car reg and need to find the owner ( don't want to kiil them ) . I need a car for a specific reason and only this one will do.

no i don't know who they are or where they live or where the car is. i just need to find them and the car..........

Try carzone or something like it, you might find they could be selling the car, that way you would have a number for them. Maybe?

If you gave a few more details of why and the car required, someone here might be able to help you!

with the new garda ombudsman in force and all they are doing now I would seriously doubt if a member of the force will pass on this as it's a breach of confidentiality.
Mr2 has a valid point there too.

no i don't know who they are or where they live or where the car is. i just need to find them and the car..........

No offence, but I hope you are not able to find the car. There should be no mechanism to allow this to happen.

You are not giving any reason for this 'urgent' request...so I can only assume there is something ill afoot about it?

You could of course post the reg and maybe someone could own up if they are online :)

yes i once owned it. It was the car my fiancee and i shared our first kiss in. I was going to ask to new owner if i could get it as the car for the bride and groom at our wedding. Its a VW golf, nothing special but special to us.

yes i once owned it. It was the car my fiancee and i shared our first kiss in. I was going to ask to new owner if i could get it as the car for the bride and groom at our wedding. Its a VW golf, nothing special but special to us.

Oh my God!!!!! You are a mega man Ron Burgundy. All you "doubting thomas's thinking it was for illegal purposes". That is one of the most romantic things I have ever heard and I am sure "Mrs Burgundy-to-be" will be absolutely chuffed.

Smooth...very smooth!

that is sweet! reckon try cartell or even ring the motor tax office maybe cold hearted civil servants can be melted by this tale of love. Or ring text moncreiff at newstalk they always have some mad stories you could ask the current owner to contact you. Best of luck, you should start romance lessons!

Have you tried to trace it through whoever you sold it to ?
If you traded it in, the garage should be able to help, even if it only
to pass a message on to the new owner.

that is sweet! reckon try cartell or even ring the motor tax office maybe cold hearted civil servants can be melted by this tale of love. Or ring text moncreiff at newstalk they always have some mad stories you could ask the current owner to contact you. Best of luck, you should start romance lessons!

i was on newstalk already today........but for a different issue

Have you tried to trace it through whoever you sold it to ?
If you traded it in, the garage should be able to help, even if it only
to pass a message on to the new owner.

Might try that but didn't really get on well with the dealer

Try the garage itself the dealer you dealt with may no longer work there. Also as suggested try motor tax office or maybe local garda station. Ask them will they contact the owner on your behalf and then they will not be in any breach.
Best of luck I hope it works out for you - you old romantic. I'd like to meet someone like you.

i think you should run romance lessons :) what with this post and the one about the rings, nice one Ron :)

Back