How can I be sure ICB records are correct?

pint6

Dear All,

I was trying to get a low amount personal loan from any lenders in dublin so was shopping around. Amount was 5000 Euros for 3 years. I do have a personal loan with BOI currently running. I asked Requested for a topup from BOI and I was declined. So it was the same case with other lenders. I had lost all the hopes.

I was with Ulster bank yesterday to open a Ufirst current account, the lady who was keying in my application in the computer received a message from ICB that '3 or 4 payments is missing on some loan' and my application process was terminated. She advised me to to call BOI in this regard.

I spoke to credit department of BOI and asked them to look into the matter immediately as I am 100% sure that I have not missed any payments. The lady then confirmed that their system was not correctly Updated so 4 payments were not showing up. She admitted that it is a BOI Error. I asked her to send a fax to ICB immediately and she did the same with a copy to me. She told me that it takes 1 day for ICB to update their systems(ICB updated the system yesterday).

How can I make sure that everything is in place now, and ICB has updated their system? Please advise.

Regards,

Pint 6

Sorry for long email.

Re: Icb

Not really related to your query, however that is the first I've been aware that credit rating is taking into considerartion when opening a bank account.. presumably this is standard practise then with all banks ?

Thanks

Re: Icb

I thought that the ICB records were only used to draw conclusions about credit worthiness when a financial institution was assessing a loan/credit application. I didn't think that they were used when opening a savings/deposit account? On the other hand if such an account had a credit facility (e.g. overdraft etc.) then perhaps they do. Maybe somebody working in banking can comment?

Back