Key Post How and when to pay your LPT for 2017

Brendan Burgess

Founder
This is an update of a piece I did for 2015. Let me know if I have anything wrong.

If you set up last year's payment by Annual Debit Instruction...
You don't need to do anything.
Revenue will deduct the payment on 21 March 2017.

If you paid last year's LPT by direct debit or by deduction at source, and wish to continue doing it this way...

You don't need to do anything. It will continue to be deducted automatically from your salary.
You won't even get a letter.

If you paid last year's LPT by direct debit or by deduction at source, and wish to change the way you pay it...

If you wish to pay by an alternative phased payment method, you must log on and change it by 25 November
  • If you wish to set up a Single Debit Authority, you must do so by 11 January
  • If you wish to pay in a single payment, you must do so by 11 January
As you paid by phased payment last year, you will not get a letter.

For all other cases, the way you paid last year is irrelevant, and you must set it up again

You will get a letter with your Property ID and pin.

If you want to pay in a single payment e.g. via the Post Office, you must pay it by 11 January 2017

• Cash (through a Payments Service Provider)
  • Cheque or postal order (Put the property address on the back of the cheque or postal order)
  • credit card (subject to a 1.1% additional charge)
  • debit card
You can pay it anytime before the 11th , but it will be taken immediately.

If you wish to make a phased payment, you must set it up by 25th November

• Direct Debit - no additional charge from Revenue (but your bank may charge for the direct debit)
  • Deduction at source
  • Regular cash payments through a Payment Services Provider

I sent a cheque to Limerick office and they haven't acknowledge d it or cashed the cheque yet, how long do they take?

I heard someone from revenue on the radio this morning saying that this was the last day before penalties start if paying by one off.

Took me an hour of rooting to find an old letter to get property ID and pin

I had clicked the link to send out the ID and pin in the post on the website.

I would have thought they could do a reminder like the car tax does on email every year or when it is due.

Paid up now on time little moan over.

I would have thought they could do a reminder like the car tax does on email every year or when it is due.

I got a Ros notification on 1 November. You probably got that as well.

I had this discussion with someone last night as well. He was frantically searching around for the pin and couldn't find it.

Is it not so much easier to set up an annual direct debit and then forget about it? Just make sure that the money is in your account in March.

Brendan

Back