Key Post How and when to pay your Local Property Tax for 2015

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I find the various Revenue leaflets and website very confusing. So here is my summary.

If you paid last year's LPT by direct debit or by deduction at source, and wish to continue doing it this way...

You don't need to do anything. It will continue to be deducted automatically from your salary.
You won't even get a letter.

If you paid last year's LPT by direct debit or by deduction at source, and wish to change the way you pay it...

• If you wish to pay by an alternative phased payment method, you must log on and change it by 25 November
  • If you wish to set up a Single Debit Authority, you must do so by 7 January
  • If you wish to pay in a single payment, you must do so by 7 January
As you paid by phased payment last year, you will not get a letter.

For all other cases, the way you paid last year is irrelevant, and you must set it up again

You will get a letter with your Property ID and pin.

If you want to pay by Single Debit Authority
If you set this up for 2014, you will have to set it up again for 2015.

You must set it up by 7 January 2015
It will be debited from your account on 21 March 2015
When you are setting it up, you can set it up for next year 2016 at the same time.

A Single Debit Authority is an instruction to the Revenue Commissioners to apply to your bank to take out the money. It is like a monthly direct debit, except there is only one payment.

If you want to pay in a single payment e.g. via the Post Office, you must pay it by 7 January 2015

• Cash (through a Payments Service Provider)
  • Cheque or postal order (Put the property address on the back of the cheque or postal order)
  • credit card (subject to a 1.1% additional charge)
  • debit card
You can pay it anytime before the 7th , but it will be taken immediately.

If you wish to make a phased payment, you must set it up by 25th November

• Direct Debit - no additional charge from Revenue (but your bank may charge for the direct debit)
  • Deduction at source
  • Regular cash payments through a Payment Services Provider

Last edited:
I am paying at Post Office full amount, Is this a Single Debit Authority? when do I have to pay this? I thought I saw March somewhere

I am paying at Post Office full amount, Is this a Single Debit Authority? when do I have to pay this? I thought I saw March somewhere

Are you paying a "cash" payment across the counter? If so then you pay by 7th January. See Brendan's post above.

Back