House sale, which LPT clearance is required, if any.

gLo

I've been researching this topic for the last day and am going around in circles confusing myself even more.
I am selling a bungalow (as executor) and am trying to avoid any delays with the sale going through due to LPT issues.

The May 2013 valuation as per their own calculator is Band 3 €150,001 - €200,000 (an honest valuation IMO)
I have a house valuation (for Fairdeal purposes) from local estate agent dated May 2015 of €250,000
The house is Sale agreed June 2019 at €385,000

Band 3 tax rates have been paid each year up to and including 2019.

Is a clearance certificate (either General or Specific) required for every house sale?
Is it prudent to go to Revenue LPT desk and give them this information and ask their advice?
Is it the buyers solicitor who flags this difference between LPT band and Purchase price?

Any advice gratefully accepted and thanks in advance.
gLo

Its all here.

"Is a clearance certificate (either General or Specific) required for every house sale? "

It depends.

"Is it prudent to go to Revenue LPT desk and give them this information and ask their advice? "

No need.

"Is it the buyers solicitor who flags this difference between LPT band and Purchase price?"

Your own solicitor will flag this up first.

Talk to your own solicitor first. They're doing this all the time.

Revenue/LPT are really good to deal with- they respond very quickly so dealing with LPT won't delay matters.

Get onto it with your own solicitor straight away and get the ball rolling.

mf

Reactions: gLo
I would get the wheels in motion to get the NPPR clearance certificate (2009 -2012) from your local council as this will be required. Also the flat rate Household Charge for 2013. Even if the NPPR was not required to be paid you will need to prove it wasn't and get the certificate.

I would get the wheels in motion to get the NPPR clearance certificate (2009 -2012) from your local council as this will be required. Also the flat rate Household Charge for 2013. Even if the NPPR was not required to be paid you will need to prove it wasn't and get the certificate.
This is already done - thanks.

You, as the seller, can provide your solicitor or the buyer's solicitor with access to the General Clearance by giving them the following details:

• your PPSN
  • the property ID
  • the Property Access Number (PAN).
You can retrieve the PAN when you access the property overview screen on the LPT online system.

Your solicitor or the buyer's solicitor can use these details to access the property overview screen via their Revenue Online Service (ROS) account. This will confirm whether there are any outstanding LPT issues.

Back