House Plans and Measurements

Val

I have put down a deposit for a new house. Currently all the papers are with the solicitor and he is awaiting the contract from the developers.
I have requested from our auctioneer/estate agents exact plans of the house. I have received outside measurements but would really require inside measurements (walls/doors/fireplace/bay windows,......) in order for me to look out for furniture. The auctioneer says they don't have these exact plans and asks us take out measurements in the showhouse ourselves. Is there a legal requirement for them to provide the exact inside measurements before we are signing the final contract? I don't understand why they don't have these plans available?

Any comments are appreciated.

We asked the same thing but they didn't provide them. Better off just going to the showhouse, you won't get any joy from the builders and at least if you measure yourself you know the measurements are correct.

Thanks! At least I know we are not the only ones who don't get this kind of information. It's just that we were told by someone that they have to provide it.

Thanks again!

It didn't look right to me either, but it seems that this is more a practice nowadays... I've asked for the same but the answer was that they don't have and to go and take the measurements...

hi...as far as i know they aren't required to provide you with inside measurements and even if they do there is absolutely no guarantee that they are going to be correct

Back