House Alarm Advice

I like the concept of Verisure, especially the way that you can fill your home with gas that blinds potential thieves. It’s a shame that they can’t replace it with Zyklon B.

I like the concept of Verisure, especially the way that you can fill your home with gas that blinds potential thieves. It’s a shame that they can’t replace it with Zyklon B.

Wow, is that for real:D????? A few deterrent signs outside to that effect might go along way.

The threat of zyklon B is a tad over the top though, don't you think??

That's brilliant and I'm assuming legal.

But is the householder safe from legal action if something goes wrong (right!)?

We have Action24, very happy with them €36 a month I think.
They are very on the ball when it comes to the alarm being set off (accidental thankfully!)

But is the householder safe from legal action if something goes wrong (right!)?
The old liability for injuries sustained by burglars was removed some time back along with allowing for the use of force to defend your property.

Our house had PhoneWatch installed prior to us moving in? Could I use that equipment for someone else? Who supplies there equipment?
PhoneWatch definitely prevent all others from monitoring their systems.

It is best avoid any installation that can only be monitored by the installer. They will usually entice you with a low install cost, but you will pay for it many times over in the coming years as they will regularly increase the monitoring costs in the full knowledge you can't shop around for a better deal.

Has any one a story (or better data) regarding how a monitored alarm has been a benefit?

Surly most burgers are in and out well before a Gardai response unless you get some lucky timing.

At least with self monitored I can ring a neighbour/ family member close by.

Has any one a story (or better data) regarding how a monitored alarm has been a benefit?

Surly most burgers are in and out well before a Gardai response unless you get some lucky timing.

At least with self monitored I can ring a neighbour/ family member close by.

I have self monitored with a couple of cameras that are based on motion detection that run off wifi. One is ring that has a small subscription the other is blink that has no sub but downloads to a USB key.

I got a bit of a fright when had a notification at 4 in the morning from back door camera when away on holiday....it was a fox!

Monitored gives some people a sense of reassurance that someone is monitoring 24/7 and will make a few phone calls to provided contacts if the alarm goes off or the connection between alarm and monitoring station is lost. That's a big plus for someone who may have a fall sensor or personal alarm linked. Some have the mistaken impression that the Gardai will race to the scene, perhaps having been told this but the sales person.

Self-monitoring is fine if you are a little more tech-savvy, but you need to be aware of the features and limitations of your system. If a fall / medical alert function is important to you, can that be accommodated with additional contacts? GSM & WiFi blockers have been seized by Gardai here, they are cheap and easy to come by, so check that any system you're considering includes remote monitoring of system availability.

Back