Hotpoint v's Zanussi

We've had a zanussi washing machine and a vented dryer for some years without any problems. But then our hotpoint dishwasher doesn't give any problems either.

I'm now getting rid of my my vented tumble dryer, because we re-arranged out kitchen and a condenser one needs no "hole in the wall". I signed up for the 30-day free trial offer with Which.uk., checked out condenser tryers and it seems the Bosch meets our needs. Perhaps you might consider doing the 30-day free trial offer with Which and check out your white good needs and compare the different products.

Cheers.

Ooops sorry, I hadn't noticed that you had already made the decision.

Thanks Leo,

I've tried taking that into consideration. I hope to only use the dryer when I can't dry clothes out of doors - i.e. when the weather is very wet or very cold. My choice therefore is between putting the vented dryer hose out through an open window (thereby losing some heat anyway) and using a condenser machine (no heat loss through open window). The bosch which I'm buying has sensor control - so it switches off automatically when the clothes are dry, so I'm hoping to keep the difference in running costs down to a minimum.

Cheers

So glad I read this, just about to buy Oven, Hob, Dishwahser and Washing maching from Hotpoint but I think I will reconsider.
Cashstrapped....do you have the Hotpoint Double Oven?

Justsally, as nicely as I can put this...don't be daft! You'll get very tired, very quickly, of a trailing vent hose hanging out your window (trust me!), and apart from the heat loss you mention, it is also a security risk. If your home can't accommodate an outside vent, get the condenser version, that's what they're for. It may be a bit dearer to run, but it is suited to your needs (the other isn't). I also agree with ACA that its best to avoid the combined washer/dryer, cos (1) if the appliance goes 'bad', you're down 2 machines, but also (2) you can't have both running simultaneously. They're really only ideal for places where there is definitely no room for 2 machines. Only trying to be helpful, not critical. Good luck with your machine choice.

oopsbuddy, did you miss this

I'm now getting rid of my my vented tumble dryer, because we re-arranged out kitchen and a condenser one needs no "hole in the wall".

Cheers

Thanks Leo,

My choice therefore is between putting the vented dryer hose out through an open window (thereby losing some heat anyway) and using a condenser machine (no heat loss through open window).

Sorry, I may have misunderstood - from the above it sounds like you are considering this...

Was just about to order all Hotpoint products this weekend. Glad I read this first.
Cashstrapped.... do you have the hotpoint double oven? Is it really that bad? I was going to get it because it seems to be the biggest one of all makes of double oven.

Shilling my one is a double oven but it's not that big, it's just over 2 years old and honestly would put anyone off of buying any hotpoint applicances, I'm sure however that there are plenty of others that would recommend Hotpoint but as far as I'm concerned they def. were the worst purchase of my life. My sister bought Beko around the same time and has never had to get any of them serviced or ever had any problems with them. I think if you were to take the feedback on this thread as a guide you would steer well clear, put again thats just my oponion.

Good luck with whatever you deceide, check what guarantee you get with them, this will speak volumes about the appliances.

Ok now I'm bothered . . . .I thought Hotpoint was a good brand and just bought a Hotpoint cooker at the weekend!

Hi Ann, it's probably the same as people recommending certain makes of car and staying away from others it's a case of each to their own, however on my own experience my Hotpoint purchases were a complete waste of money, I have no-one to blame only myself as I went in to buy Bosch and let the lad in the shop talk me into Hotpoint, couldn't recommend it enough so even went over my budget (not a good idea anyway) to buy them and unfort. for me have to say one of my worst buys and believe me I've had a few of them.

I wanted a dual fuel cooker and there is only Hotpoint and Electrolux. We didn't like the electrolux one so I think we'll take our chances with the Hotpoint. fingers crossed.

Back