Hotels in LA

P

potblack

Any recommendations for a Hotel for a two night stopover in LA. Would like to be near the beach. Have tried all the websites but nothing like a recommendation and the inside track. Irish 3+*/4* eqv. Thanks

You deff have to go to Santa Monica so. We stayed there last year in a best western hotel, but the hotel was 20 blocks from the Beach.

There is a travelodge and best western (different one) right on the beach. It is right beside the pedestrianised area. 3rd street is a cool street with loads of shops, lovely small italian restaurant at one end, bars and loads of street entertainers.

If you rent a car you can drive down the coast a bit and there are even nice beaches.

LA Hotel

definitely agree that Santa Monica is the best place to go - have just returned this week from a trip there myself. We stayed in the Ocean View (a Best Western Hotel) which is right on the sea front. It's basic but clean and very reasonably priced. Obviously its best asset is being right beside everything - including the fantastic 3rd st promenade for shopping.
Most hotels will also arrange your trips, including collection and drop-off - to Universal Studios for example.

You are also within walking distance (or short bus journey) of Venice Beach - a must-see if you like sideshows...!!

Ocean View

Thats the best western I was talking about. deff stay there. the beach is nice but not as nice as venice beach.

If you going to disney and universal, i would deff get a cra as both are a good drive, but it is very easy to drive over there. Save spending money on taxis. You would save in the ling run, as well as having the fun of driving over there.

Safe Area

Is the area around the Best Western safe to walk around at night? It is only a one night stopover but it is actually 38 hours in LA.

Can you still leave your luggage at US Hotels after checkout. Out flight to NZ is not till 11.30pm with a checkout of 1pm. We intend to do sightseeing and then go back to the hotel to pick up luggage.

Back