Home Insurance & Owner occupier renting rooms

jryan

My home insurance is up soon and i was just wondering what is the most competitive
insurance provider for owner occupiers renting a couple rooms?

There appears to be alot of providers who will not insure accomodation if rented. Any additional views?

I currently pay 100euro extra in my AIB policy for Rented Accomodation. Is this the norm? I was in a rush at the time to get the mortgage application through that i did'nt ask the specifics of what it covered me for. I'll know i should give them a call to discuss but i was hoping that someone may be able to highlight the pros and cons of selecting
such an addon...

I was in the same boat as you... I was told by AIB that I had to have the cover in place before they would give me the motgage... they even had the cheak to start charging me for the house insurance before I got the house... managed to get that back eventually! To answer your question "Allianz", I remember doing a ring arround last year and they were the cheapest for "rent a room"... once you get a quote from them make sure to go online and buy it online saving another 40e

jryan said:
My home insurance is up soon and i was just wondering what is the most competitive
insurance provider for owner occupiers renting a couple rooms?

There appears to be alot of providers who will not insure accomodation if rented. Any additional views?

I currently pay 100euro extra in my AIB policy for Rented Accomodation. Is this the norm? I was in a rush at the time to get the mortgage application through that i did'nt ask the specifics of what it covered me for. I'll know i should give them a call to discuss but i was hoping that someone may be able to highlight the pros and cons of selecting
such an addon...

Try 123.ie, very competitive

Back