Home extension private open space

Introuble83

I am in the early days of arranging a home extension. In respect of the 25sq metre open space rule I have two queries .
1. can this include a side entrance ?
2. I have a large block shed at the rear. Is the shed in itself private open space ?
I ask the above as I want to build at least 30 square meters out . I don’t want to have to remove the shed to satisfy the 25sq metre rule . Thanks

Yes I agree . I do notice however substantial number of extensions that take up 90% and in some case all of the garden . So people are either ignoring this rule or getting planning permission in each instance which is expect not to be the case .

Yes I agree . I do notice however substantial number of extensions that take up 90% and in some case all of the garden . So people are either ignoring this rule or getting planning permission in each instance which is expect not to be the case .

Where abouts do you live? I haven't seen an extension around Dublin in many years that takes up the entire garden. Put up a link to some addresses and we can check planning compliance.

Yes people break the law all the time, many don't get away with it.

I am in the early days of arranging a home extension. In respect of the 25sq metre open space rule I have two queries .
1. can this include a side entrance ?
2. I have a large block shed at the rear. Is the shed in itself private open space ?
I ask the above as I want to build at least 30 square meters out . I don’t want to have to remove the shed to satisfy the 25sq metre rule . Thanks

1. no

2. the shed also requires the open space to remain exempt.

Might be easier to just apply for planning. It’s not a hard process

Back