Home extension private open space

Introuble83

I am in the early days of arranging a home extension. In respect of the 25sq metre open space rule I have two queries .
1. can this include a side entrance ?
2. I have a large block shed at the rear. Is the shed in itself private open space ?
I ask the above as I want to build at least 30 square meters out . I don’t want to have to remove the shed to satisfy the 25sq metre rule . Thanks

Yes I agree . I do notice however substantial number of extensions that take up 90% and in some case all of the garden . So people are either ignoring this rule or getting planning permission in each instance which is expect not to be the case .

Yes I agree . I do notice however substantial number of extensions that take up 90% and in some case all of the garden . So people are either ignoring this rule or getting planning permission in each instance which is expect not to be the case .

Where abouts do you live? I haven't seen an extension around Dublin in many years that takes up the entire garden. Put up a link to some addresses and we can check planning compliance.

Yes people break the law all the time, many don't get away with it.

1. no

2. the shed also requires the open space to remain exempt.

Might be easier to just apply for planning. It’s not a hard process