Home care package problems

john luc

My mother has being released from hospital with a care package 2 weeks now,however once in the first week nobody turned up to put her to bed and now in the second week it has happened again. We as a family live elsewhere but we have currently a roster of one of us staying overnight to see how this settles in but with nobody turning up has severely knock our confidence in the care company. Any advice on what is the best way to go about dealing with this.

That is disgraceful.

If you are paying for the company from your own funds you can drop them for another one.
If the company was selected as part of a care package funded by the HSE I would complain to them [HSE].
The involvement of a care company would probably have been an integral part of the discharge plan and that is what irks i.e. your mother might not have been released in the absence of a care company as part of the plan.

She was only allowed to leave with a care package put in place. I can't believe that this company can just think it's ok to just not turn up like this.

This happened to my Dad. We got the bed but the heist didn't arrive for another month. Home help didn't arrive for 2 months.

It was a case of one HSE section not talking properly to another.

Two years later my Mom got a home care package. We refused to take her home until everything was in place. Lots of phone calls from discharge Co ordinators who were simply told until everything was in place not to bother ringing.

Things moved much faster. Everything in place including phone call from home help providers less than 2 weeks.

Back