Holiday Rental in France

Will second La Littoral, spent a few holidays there when the kids younger, they are all in their twenties now and they were the best holidays ever. Just looking at all the photos yesterday, sad but wonderful memories. We owned our own mobile on another great site in St Giles Croix de Vievx for a few years, it was another beautiful site in a pine forest but not as close to coast as La Littoral. Slides and pool in La Littoral were brilliant too. Have a look at a company called Vacansoleil,they are much cheaper than the likes of Keycamp etc. Happy Holidays.

Thanks all for the information - took a look at La Littoral it really does look fab however I like the idea of being able to walk to the beach - maybe next year when the kids are a little older!!!
Soooo booked Le Dunes in le Conche/Longville sur Mer (walking to the beach was the huge plus here!) so I would really appreciate if anyone could give me details of recommended restaurants/things to do etc within the vicinity. Also if you could give me info on Longville sur Mer I would appreciate it ie is it within walking distance of the site and what is actually there?
Thanks AGAIN!

Hi alfie27,

Well done with the booking. There will be loads to do on the campsite. There is also a good restaurant just up the road - la fragolette and a mini golf for the kids if you want to sit out and have a drink while they play. The pool is great here for the kids. Longville is a small village town. You are located between La Tranche sur mer and Longeville. La Tranche is a lovely little town, loads of nice restaurants and beside a beach. As you will have a car its about a 5 minute drive to both towns.

You are 25 minute drive to La sable d'olonne. The zoo here is great and the kids will have a lovely day. There are loads of nice shopping areas. There is a beach here and lovely old buildings.

You are about 50 minute drive to La Rochelle. You are an hour and 20 minute drive to Puy du Fuy - an absolute must on your visit but make sure you start early. I know it might be a long drive with kids but its a great road and motorway all the way and it will be well worth the trip.

The Indian Forest is about a 10 minute drive this is mostly for teenagers but there is also a section for smaller kids so that might be worth a trip. La Roche sur Yon is 20 minute drive and well worth the trip for shopping, go to the shopping centre with de cathalon, its the best onel.

If you want to pm me its no problem as I live near there and can give you loads of information. There is also bike hire on site if you need it. If there is anything extra you need to ask dont hesitate.

You may have a daily local tax to pay when you get to the campsite and pay for sheets etc. so add that to your budget. If you need to pack a lot l have loads of towels you can use if it makes it easier.

Well done on your booking. Its good to get away from the recession in Ireland and just have the peace of the beach, the clear blue sky and countryside and you will definately get that in Les dunes.

Hi alifie,

Should have said that there is not a lot to do in Longville but its a lovely old rustic town, nice restaurants etc. La tranche is bigger but you are located between both towns so you can enjoy both. There are loads of markets in all the villages on selected days and the campsite will give you information on this.

You are about another 5 minute drive to the village called "angles", it is lovely, pay a visit to the lovely old rustic church, the markets here are on every Sunday. They are in La Tranche on Saturdays. Lovely restaurants here aswell.

Thanks a million, NANA01, for all the information and your kind offers. We're really looking forward to the break away now - 2 weeks away from all economic news - Yippee!!
Thanks again and enjoy your Easter hols!

Back