Help getting a board game : Number Rumba

what was the name of that game where the dice were in a dome in the middle and you pressed the dome down to roll the dice???

really? seems a bit exotic for ludo! I guess it'll be all boardgames now instead of computer games now we are in a recession.

really? seems a bit exotic for ludo! I guess it'll be all boardgames now instead of computer games now we are in a recession.

I remember the metal plate that used to flick the dice had a habit of rusting. A kind of paper dust would also gather on the inside of the dome making the reading of the dice difficult.

Loved the game but the constant 'clicking' noise was annoying.

we used to do extra clicks to annoy our parents. The old games were the best. Must see if you cans till buy ludo

apparently number rumba was called "la rumba" in french, that sounds a little rude!

I knew it couldnt be ludo!

Still no luck!
I was in London Monday + Tuesday and trawled the place looking for this game - no luck as of yet!

I contacted a guy on ebay who has lots and lots of the old games and he told me it is one game that he never comes across but will add my name to his files and if he does come across will contact me. Wish I had it and I could give it to you.

Aw thanks Carrielou, thats very sweet of you!

I know for sure that she won't have it for Christmas now, ah well!!

Hi Thirsty

Lj clearly googled Number Rumba and found this thread. Even though it's 11 years old, it's better to reopen this thread than start a new one. If he had done that, somoene else would have just linked back to this thread.

By way of contrast, this morning a new user resurrected a two year old thread with the words "I fully agree with that". That is a good indicator of a spammer , so they were just deleted and banned instantly.

Brendan

Last edited:
Back