Have permission but cannot get it in writing to wrap front of house?Anyone help please

We did our retrofit in 2023, it had a red brick finish. Now it doesn't. (and looks all the better for it)

We neither sought permission nor received any complaints from the neighbours!

We did our retrofit in 2023, it had a red brick finish. Now it doesn't. (and looks all the better for it)

We neither sought permission nor received any complaints from the neighbours!
It's the planning authority who have the say there, not your neighbours. If you go to sell, you may find yourself having to seek retention permission. Most banks and solicitors now insist on seeing proof of compliance of any works before they will allow a purchase go through.

Was speaking to a cork council chap and he's sending a map pack for me to fill in and he thinks there should be no problem's after that, finally maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel,was told not except even with section 5 by one person in CCC but just now was speaking to another fella who sending this map pack.......Every person i talk to has told me different things

Did you need a section 5 all no?Thats mad because your in the same boat as me
Nope and I spoke to a few other people who did this on the street and spoke to the contractor out of curiosity when he was back touching something up and no one has ever heard of it as a necessity.

Nope and I spoke to a few other people who did this on the street and spoke to the contractor out of curiosity when he was back touching something up and no one has ever heard of it as a necessity.
There have been a few enforcement orders issued in recent years including where people insulated over pebble dash. It's long established that you must maintain the 'character' when installing or planning is required. A section 5 declaration is pretty easy to request and ensures you have evidence of compliance when coming to sell or seek planning permission for any future works.

Many contractors will tell you it's fine, and you may get away with it, for now, hey, they earn more money coming back later to re-apply the finish. For the sake of not submitting an application, do you really want to risk the problems others are reporting when it comes to sell with unauthorised development?

Back