Have GE money lowered their mortgage rate? they are charging me 7.7%

Has your rate not come down in the last two months, mine has come down 1.5% and is a god send

Why do you feel they "PREY" ? Can I ask if you felt like that the day you got approval ? I know things change... but do you really think calling their staff children is the right approach. I have recently had my loan repayments lowered as my wages dropped.. have you tried that, it does mean you may more longterm but in my case I hope to be able to increase the payments again.

I was a little hasty calling the GE Money call centre operatives 'children', and if I have insulted any of your friends or family, I apologise unreservedly. I am just so distressed by a/being uneployed, b/ doing everything I can to get a job, c/being a pensioner and finding the prospect of 9-5, 5 days a week a little daunting, and d/terrified of losing my home at this time of my life. I am now even more distressed knowing that GE Money have no compunction in taking people to court. I don't hold any of the operatives personally responsible, of course the have a job to do and are acting in accordance with company policy.
I have discussed a payment plan, but with no income other than my pension, it is a little difficult. I can only trust in the Universe that a job comes my way soon.
Sorry again if I offended anyone...

Fair enough, I know its very hard and today has not made it easier. Not sure if you can or if its an option... how about renting a room shortterm ?? I guess its not ideal but it might help. Or have you tried talking to mabs, you could have all contact directed to them I think at least that might help day to day.