Have Cadburys Creme Eggs gotten smaller

Remember, the two bounty pieces used to be on a bit of cardboard that you could slide them along, preventing choccy meltage by your warm paws on the plastic!!

I was dismayed to find yesterday that a Yorkie bar now only has 5 chunks.....it used to have 7!!

What is the world coming to - shrinking Creme Eggs and disappearing yorkie chunks:eek:

Creme eggs have shrunk allright..........and the milky way stuff in the middle tastes different too.

So, how do you eat yours.

Laughing at the cardboard bit in the bounty.

Here's a blast from the past - anyone remember 2&2 bars. My Dad worked in Urney's and we had boxes of these - yum and the famous CATCH, rovals(an Irish version of Rolos) and Beanos. No wonder all the kids wanted to play with us. Our house was like Wonkaland.

Creme eggs have shrunk allright..........and the milky way stuff in the middle tastes different too.

So, how do you eat yours.

Laughing at the cardboard bit in the bounty.

Here's a blast from the past - anyone remember 2&2 bars. My Dad worked in Urney's and we had boxes of these - yum and the famous CATCH, rovals(an Irish version of Rolos) and Beanos. No wonder all the kids wanted to play with us. Our house was like Wonkaland.

I never pictured you as a blue dwarf but there you go, serves me right for not being open minded.

I never pictured you as a blue dwarf but there you go, serves me right for not being open minded.

Ah no, I'm not one of those so liberal with the false tan could be an oompa!

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...............just love that film!

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...............just love that film!

The original with Gene Wilder was classic. Not that awful remake with Depp. Anyways I better go so little to do and so much time . . oops stop...reverse that. :D

I got one yesterday...purely for research purposes...ya its smaller but also there was just a speck of yellow in it!!! I know it all tastes the same but it was still very disappointing.

Have to say I prefer mini eggs-oh and I love love those squidgy things that come out at easter...you know they are marshmallow with a really thin coating of cheap chocolate but taste delicous!

I got one yesterday...purely for research purposes...ya its smaller but also there was just a speck of yellow in it!!! I know it all tastes the same but it was still very disappointing.

You just haven't been paying enough attention - the yellow bit DEFINITELY tastes different - not quite as sweet as the white bit.
But I'm embarrassed to say I know that :eek:

Have to say I prefer mini eggs-oh and I love love those squidgy things that come out at easter...you know they are marshmallow with a really thin coating of cheap chocolate but taste delicous!

They're called Easter Eggs :p , and Mrs Firefly adores them! Thanks for reminding me about them too - nice way to top up my brownie points balance ;)

what about Appla? does anyone remember it? It was a fizzy apple drink in a can and i reckon it was full of everything that's bad for you but it tasted amazing..

i thini the can was white with a big green apple on it.

cadbury's icebreaker chocolate? old jamaica chocolate? yummy

Anyone remember JR ice pops? They were delish. Very like a Long Island coctail actually.

Very like a Long Island coctail actually.

:) You sound easily pleased! Never heard of them.

I used to love Mint chocs (as distinct to Choc ices) and never see them either. Still see wibbly wobbly wonders though - I think.

Are Pear pickin' Porkies still around? They were lovely and sour.

(And does anyone else know any more ice pops with stupid names? :rolleyes:)

I remember Urney's chocolate - it was ever so slightly cheaper than Cadbury bars which was very important to a person on limited pocket money!!

Remember the 2 + 2 bars very well.....yum!

Back