Have Cadburys Creme Eggs gotten smaller

Firefly

There I was today at my local corner shop with my sandwich being wrapped when I saw the CCE bog and decided to treat myself. With the impulse purchase in my hand as I walked back to work I began to wonder if they had gotten smaller. I know there are more weighty issues and threads running at the moment, but this surely needs confirmation and at the minimum a tribunal :D

Nope they definitely have, I saw it proved on the internet.

I think it's part growing up, but I know Cadburys have admitted most of their products are smaller in order to keep the prices down. You look at the price over the years and the rate of inflation and they really haven't gone up in line with inflation, so something had to give and we got smaller chocs.

Mind, I'm still disgusted there's no little cardboard bits in bounty bars now. I mean there's cutting costs and then there's blatant taking the mick.

I agree about the bounty bars - not the same since the cardboard went.

I actually hate cream eggs - I get toothache at the thought of them.

The wagon wheel is the one I wish they would retore. We didn't get much chocolate when we were young but a Wagon Wheel was a absolute feast. I did have to share it with my sister but it did seem massive in comparison to the 2 sticks of kit kat we normally got on a thursay (the day the farmers journal, tuam herald and connaught tribune was bought).

Give us back our cardboard bits - Bounty is definitely not the same, although it doesnt seem as coconutty as it used to be either.

I loved Walnut Whips, but the white creamy stuff in them is not nearly as nice as it used to be, it tastes like artificial flavourings now.

I agree about the bounty bars - not the same since the cardboard went.

I actually hate cream eggs - I get toothache at the thought of them.

The wagon wheel is the one I wish they would retore. We didn't get much chocolate when we were young but a Wagon Wheel was a absolute feast. I did have to share it with my sister but it did seem massive in comparison to the 2 sticks of kit kat we normally got on a thursay (the day the farmers journal, tuam herald and connaught tribune was bought).

you can still get wagon wheels in the supermarket but not individual ones but in a 6/8 pack. They are always very good value.

Their Eclaires just aint the same anymore since they moved the Eclaire plant to Poland

Back