Has anyone experience of using a spirit medium?

so from that doc..

The Commission is of the opinion that this tells the viewer that by calling Irish Psychics Live one can find out what the future holds i.e. 'discover your destiny'. Under Appendix 2(b), such services are prohibited.
The advertiser asserts that this section does not apply to their industry, that they are advertising a general entertainment service

...the advertiser is saying that its an entertainment service. I like it. I bet they dont advertise that too much.
But why say "discover your destiny" if an entertainment service, my local chinese has an early bird menu on a sunday and you get a fortune cookie for your bobs. At least I get something to eat there whilst discovering my destiny. I dunno why but it never says "you are going to order the chow mein" but I always do..hmmm..

Pat Kenny is the only media person who keeps highlighting what he considers a scam. He is now in trouble with the broadcasting complaints commission as he has refused to apologise to Irish psychics live for his comments.
(I don't want to put Brendan’s house at risk by offering my own opinion).

Have a look at www.randi.org
They have been offering 1 million dollars for years to anyone that can prove any paranormal existence

In relation to mediums, many of them use 'cold reading' and at the end people remember the 'hits'.

Some mediums will tape the session but will only record the summation.

(I don't want to put Brendan’s house at risk by offering my own opinion).
Personally I have no time for the sort of "services" offered here, would strongly discourage others from using them and would argue strongly with anybody who claims that the services are of any use/value, but on the other hand I don't see the need for legislation preventing people from selling them or protecting punters from their own gullibility. As long as the service provider operates within the relevant advertising, premium telephone etc. regulations then that's all that matters.

If you can, try to find South Park's take on "spritual mediums"they really go through John Edwards for a short cut-wickedly funny, but extremely incisive also. Penn and Teller also have quite a bit to say about these charlatans..

daithi

Back