Hamas attack on Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Israelis just blew up all Hamas's pagers. You have to admire their technical abilities.
Do you often admire breaches of the Geneva Convention? Yes, it's admired because its the Israelis and if it was Hezbollah that did it, it would be terrorism.

As is so often the case, Snowden has the right take on this.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1836145193252221207

Last edited:
Am i missing something here.

A country has remotely exploded a number of presumably otherwise normal handheld devices?is this what happened?

If thats the case surely theres a risl that this can be done to mobile phones?

Im just surprised this isnt huge world news

Do you often admire breaches of the Geneva Convention?
I admire the technical ability and while I don't like the Israeli government I dislike terrorists like Hezbollah far more.

Yes, it's admired because its the Israelis and if it was Hezbollah that did it, it would be terrorism.
That's because they are terrorists.
As is so often the case, Snowden has the right take on this.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1836145193252221207
The Russian spy, collaborator with Putin and traitor, that Snowden?

It seems they put explosives and detonators in the pagers while they were being manufactured.

If you routinely kept your pager in your front trouser pocket as opposed to a bag then you've just had your genitalia blown off.

Seen some cctv clips on news channels and it's a pretty powerful explosion.

Wonder how many of these guys participated in the rape of Jewish men and women?

Last edited:
I hate the word terrorist. Its full of propaganda and usually the superior party in a war will lable their oposition as terrorists. One mans terrorist may be another mans freedom fighter. Two sides to a story but ultimately there is an agressor and a party thats defending themselves or their country/people and theyll usually be called terrorists by western media. Both sides in this war have committed acts of terrorism in my view which is obviously discusting.

3 grams of explosive in a mobile phone. Would airport security spot that? The only redeeming thought is that possibly such an explosion wouldn’t actually down a plane. But several in the hold?

Hezbollah is designated a terrorist organisation by the EU. Hungary openly supplies Hezbollah with materiel. The EU (McGrath?) should grab the opportunity to expel Victor before his pal seizes the White House.

"One man's terrorist..." the difference is that Hezbollah would dearly love to take down a fully occupied Israeli passenger jet for revenge.

Last edited:
I admire the technical ability and while I don't like the Israeli government I dislike terrorists like Hezbollah far more.
And the Israeli government are not terrorists? You're going around with your eyes closed.

That's because they are terrorists.
See above.

The Russian spy, collaborator with Putin and traitor, that Snowden?
No. The individual who had the courage to out the terrorism and crimes committed by a wayward government.

Hezbollah is designated a terrorist organisation by the EU. Hungary openly supplies Hezbollah with materiel.
Orban is a rare example of strong leadership in Europe. The EU is supporting genocide in one instance while actively financing a proxy war in another. And you're looking to those bureaucrats to be the arbiters of who should be deemed a terrorist? You may want to send Ursula a mirror.

"One man's terrorist..." the difference is that Hezbollah would dearly love to take down a fully occupied Israeli passenger jet for revenge.
Right, meanwhile the not-terrorists have killed 40,000 women and kids with the full support of the EU, ze Germans, Starmer and the mob that Purple says Ed Snowden betrayed. One man's terrorist indeed.

And the Israeli government are not terrorists? You're going around with your eyes closed.

See above.
You are going around with yours blinkered.
No. The individual who had the courage to out the terrorism and crimes committed by a wayward government.
Yes Comrade.
Orban is a rare example of strong leadership in Europe.
Thankfully. We need fewer bigoted racist nutter like him in the world.
The EU is supporting genocide in one instance while actively financing a proxy war in another.
Here we go again...
And you're looking to those bureaucrats to be the arbiters of who should be deemed a terrorist? You may want to send Ursula a mirror.
The social media Kool-Aid has well and truly been drunken!
Right, meanwhile the not-terrorists have killed 40,000 women and kids with the full support of the EU, ze Germans, Starmer and the mob that Purple says Ed Snowden betrayed. One man's terrorist indeed.
RTE, the terrorist apologists that they are, don't distinguish between combatants and non-combatants when reporting deaths in Gaza. Neither do the Irish Times. So it's hard to know how many civilians have been killed in Gaza. What would probably reduce the civilian casualty rates would be if the Hamas terrorists stopped using their own women and children as human shields but that won't happen.

Which other war are you referring to?
It could be the bigger and bloodier war in Somalia that Hamas's mates are financing. The one that's displaced millions of people and left millions at the risk of starvation.
Or the bigger and bloodier was in Yemen that Hamas's mates are also financing. That one that's killed over a hundred thousand children.
Maybe not though, since there are no Jews involved in those wars.

It seems they put explosives and detonators in the pagers while they were being manufactured.
Yes but what precedent does that now set, will this become the modus operandi of terrorists and even rogue states like russia. Infiltrate the manufacturing process of lots of things are open now. What if russia decided to do this in Europe for example. It's an awful precedent, I'd say the US is really angry over this

Do you think that Russia or Iran haven't done it to date because of some moral compunction, some ethical Rubicon they dared not cross?
Do you think that Hamas or Hezbollah or another terrorist group wouldn't do it if they could?

Do you think that Russia or Iran haven't done it to date because of some moral compunction, some ethical Rubicon they dared not cross?
Do you think that Hamas or Hezbollah or another terrorist group wouldn't do it if they could?
They probably haven't thought of it yet, the worrying thing is that it's probably within their capabilities, probably just have to bribe someone to gain access to devices at crucial stages of manufacturing.

Probably because low tech device there is enough room to install it, it wouldn't be open to a smartphone as every piece of room inside is used and manufacturing is much more high end

How on earth were Mossad able to secretly implant 5,000 devices in a foreign country? It really begs the question as to how were they taken completely unawares by the 7th October carnage.
All that concrete and steel that Mick and Clare helped to deliver to them through the blockade. The Israelis said they'd use it for tunnels and to attack Israel. Hamas and their pals said they'd use it for schools and hospitals. It turns out that the democracy was telling the truth and the despotic religious fundamentalist lunatics were telling lies. Who'da thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.