Greenland

I

Inuit

Hi,

I am trying to plan 2 weeks in Greenland hiking & exploring the arctic landscape. Can anyone offer some good advice ? Flights and accom seem very expensive so I am looking for a tour group kind of trip now.

Thanks.

Have you tried companies like Explore or Exodus - all kinds of group tours I'm sure they'd have something to Greenland. They aren't cheap but usually include everything. Went on one to Africa and it was great - recommended for places where not so easy to get around on one's own.
Trailfinders might have something aswell.

Getting to their I think you would have to go via Copenhagen, I don't think there are any flights from anywhere else to Greenland apart from maybe Iceland which itself isn't directly accessible from Ireland.

I'm afraid I have no idea of the costs up there but given the remoteness I would imagine they are astronomical ... not a cheap holiday I would say.

Any particular reason for Greenland ? - if it's artic landscape/outdoors stuff you're looking for why not try Iceland or the far north of Norway/Sweden/Finland... while none of these places are cheap they would be a lot more accessible and have more facilities etc. for tourism.

Greeland

Thanks,

Not sure why Greenland. I just like the remoteness and vastness of it all. I did find a tour with Exodus to Iceland and Greenland for 8 days (cost 1500 sterling). I would prefer Antarctica but thats seriously expensive.

Back