Good Irish Films

• Thread starter SteelBlue05
  • Start date
S

SteelBlue05

I saw The Field on tv over Christmas and forgot what a good film it was. I am thinking about getting in on DVD.

Any other good Irish films\programs worth getting?

The ones I can think of...

The Field
My Left Foot
Father Ted series
Michael Collins (well, not too fond of it)

In the Name of the Father - the music score alone sends shivers down my spine.

Forgot about that "Adam and Paul" film, its crap though.

Rawhead Rex

Wings of the Morning

Oh, Mr Porter!

The Gentle Gunman

Un taxi mauve

Odd man out

Quackser Fortune has a Cousin in the Bronx

After Midnight

Young Cassidy

Rooney

SteelBlue05 said:
Forgot about that "Adam and Paul" film, its crap though.

I really enjoyed "Adam and Paul", thought it was one of the better Irish films of the last few years.

nicelives said:
I really enjoyed "Adam and Paul", thought it was one of the better Irish films of the last few years.

It probably was one of the better ones of the last few years as there has been anything else worth talking about.

I think The Field is the best Irish film I've seen.

What about 'Into the West' remember 'tayto'. 'War of the buttons' - kids film but very funny as is 'Waking Ned'. 'The most fertile man in Ireland' (not really my cup of tea), Circle of Friends, Dancing at Lunisan(OK). Good films 'Inside i'm dancing', 'Mickbo and me' and don't forget there's the new one coming up 'Breakfast on Pluto' (seems to have got mixed reviews)

"The Nephew" starring Pierce Brosnan. Have it on DVD, don't know if it hit the big screens.
"Evelyn", also starring Pierce Brosnan. Saw it on TV the other day.

RainyDay said:
The best ever - Remember the scene with the balaclavas?

Quality movie alright and great scene. Haven't seen it in a while though and haven't come across it on DVD.

1. Cal
2. Eat the Peach ... God times were bad! I think I remember when I went to it being proud we actually had enough pennies to rub together to make a film that made it to the cinema. Eamon Morrissey on a Honda 50 - class...

OK I don't go to too many Irish films so here goes with a few "Irish" fims ...

3. Mackenzie Break. Well, on slightly dodgy ground here but I liked spotting Nazi escapers at various spots in the Wicklow countryside.
4. Zardoz. - Same vein again
5. Excalibur - same vein again
6. Blue Max. - Well this time the action moved north to Tallaght.

For some reason I liked Cal but got fed up with all the other Norniron films though 'The Boxer' was OK.