Good BMW service in Dublin?

my2leftfeet

Problems with 318 series BMW - urgently need addressing.

Can anyone recommend good service provider?

Judging by what a BMW driving colleague tells me, any authorised BMW service centre should do and all outlets (BMW authorised or otherwise) tend to charge the same exorbitant rates for BMW servicing so shopping around may not yield any major savings. :(

ClubMan said:
all outlets tend to charge the same exorbitant rates for BMW servicing so shopping around may not yield any major savings. :(
Well I don't know where you are but we've both had the good fortune to have a local (Balbriggan) mechanic who's both reasonable and trustworthy. He's worked on our Corsa and Rover 75 in the past and is always honest and upfront about what needs to be done (a rare attribute these days). He undercut the Rover dealer by almost half for a clutch job I needed doing and the same with the Corsas 4-year service.

I know he has customers with 3-series but I also know he's always very busy. If you're interested pm me and I'll give you his number (if that's ok with the mods?? I've no personal interests in the chap other than whats declared above)

Eurofan said:
He's worked on our Corsa and Rover 75 in the past and is always honest and upfront about what needs to be done (a rare attribute these days). He undercut the Rover dealer by almost half for a clutch job I needed doing and the same with the Corsas 4-year service.
Yeah - but we're talking specifically about BMW servicing here and my colleague who knows more about this stuff than I do (not hard but he does know his stuff) says that BMW servicing, authorised or otherwise, is largely a fixed and high price business.

ClubMan said:
Yeah - but we're talking specifically about BMW servicing here and my colleague who knows more about this stuff than I do (not hard but he does know his stuff) says that BMW servicing, authorised or otherwise, is largely a fixed and high price business.
Which is why I specifically mentioned I know he has at least two other customers with BMW 3-series, i.e. he's familiar with the cars and not inclined to be part of either price-fixed or gouging his customers. The op simply requested a 'good service provider', I can suggest one who more likely than not will be considerably cheaper than most (and do better work in my own experience).

I assumed that price might be a relevant factor in relation to a query posted on a forum called Askaboutmoney. Silly me.

I bought an old BMW 520 (1991) and I had problems after a year which several local garages said looked like "head gasket", i.e major work and they would not do it. Anyway, found this garage and they checked it out and fault was diagnosed as an air-lock in the water cooling system - very simple and inexpensive fix, so hopefully it may not be as bad as you think.
Courtney Moters (01) 8743407, Bessborough ave, North Strand, 3

Zeus said:
I bought an old BMW 520 (1991) and I had problems after a year which several local garages said looked like "head gasket", i.e major work and they would not do it. Anyway, found this garage and they checked it out and fault was diagnosed as an air-lock in the water cooling system - very simple and inexpensive fix, so hopefully it may not be as bad as you think.
Courtney Moters (01) 8743407, Bessborough ave, North Strand, 3

Thanks Zeus. Seem to have found a decent mechanic. First diagnosis is a radiator leak - which he hopes will resolve the problem. Will know more later today.

Back