Golden Ridge, Rush

Re: Goldenridge Rush

I have put a booking deposit on a house in another development by the same builders - bit worried now after reading this. other threads about goldenridge were positive though.

I read up on golden ridge here last year before putting my deposit down as well. All comments were good.

The kitchen people have been great to deal with, and have already pulled out what was there. Apparently they've had to pull 3 fully fitted kitchens - granite included! from other houses. This is because the builders have slightly changed the layout and the show house kitchen no longer fits in the required space as it should.

While we were there we had a look around the house - and it was then we noticed the bathrooms and the changes of size. The ensuite is a foot shorter in width so now the toilet is practically sitting on the shower enclosure and the sink practically looks over the door.

Our main bathroom the door just misses the sink - and the sink is practically on top of the toilet.

I’ve been told that this is because they decided to give more space to the adjoining bedroom and move the partition wall by 12". Therefore pushing the sink closer to the door frame and throwing our bathroom window off?
I wouldn’t mind but the extra space in the bedroom is dead space as it’s behind a door? There’s no way it was done to improve the living space.

PHEW....sorry for the long response. its just so annoying, but Im trying to look on some of the positive things about the house - while we try and get this sorted.

That's terrible. We're hoping to be in a position to snag in about 6/7 weeks. What was wrong with the kitchen - just wondering so that we can keep any eye out for the same and how did you go about getting on site - sounds like we need to do the same before its too late.

Believe me you'll nitice if theres something wrong. Your kitchen will either loook like the shouw house you bought from or not.

Re: Golden Ridge Rush

Thanks for that information. Hopefully they will add additional parking. I have been commuting for the past 2 weeks. Can get parking, just about!

Local in Lusk who gave up getting the train from that station. Be there at 7am currently latest to get spot in car park. The field beside it is currently being used but the farmer is closing it off in the next few weeks as he is going to plough it, Car park situation will worsen. I

hello all,

we bought our house about a year ago. Its due to be completed soon (fingers crossed).
What houses are having trouble??
We are a 3 bed semi-d

Hey,im out there 3 montsh now and its great. Really surprised that you had issues. We had no problems at all. The builders did almost everything on the snag. The only issue we have at the moment is outside the house, we just need them to take away a lot of the rubble thats blocking our drain etc.But thats it. Otherwise, we are very happy.

Thankfully everything has been sorted. This is for the four bed type house.

The problem was primarily with the kitchen. But the kitchen people put their hands up to this one. They basically put in the wrong kitchen and half implmented some of our changes? It really did look a mess.

But its all sorted now - and the kitchen people have been excellent to deal with - as has everyone on site.

The builders, and site managers have all been fantastic, so i dont doubt if theres an small snags to do they'll be managed accordingly.

Looking forward tyo moving out there too..Was out in Skerries/Rush at the weekend and it was lovely. particularly to be near the sea.

Hi Lads,
How are people commuting I'm currently driving to skerries station which is a pain in the hoop

Driving... or get the bus at 7.50 from Rush main st. to Rush/Lusk trn. station, for train at 8.08. Get into Connolly at about 8.40.

I bought in Goldenridge Ave last year off plan. they said it would be ready in June 2007. So far its just breeze blocked up to second floor so its a good bit off snagging. Looking forward to moving in as phase 1 looks quite nice.

I think I might get a cheap moped and go to station. I pass the Rush/Lusk car park on train every morning and it looks too stressful for me first thing in morning.

Hi Anybody manage to figure out a broadband solution? Phone lines won't be available until August!

My only solution to broadband at the moment is a Vodaphone GPRS card.

Parking at Rush/Lusk train station

Sent: 21 May 2007 15:58
To: Pieman
Subject:

21st May, 2007

Dear Mr Pieman,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding car parking at Rush and Lusk train stations.

We have recently purchased additional land adjacent to the station with the intention of developing this as an extension to the existing car park.

I anticipate that we will be lodging a planning application with Fingal County Council within the next 3 months. Assuming planning and funding approval I would anticipate that work on extending the car park will take place later this year. This would increase car parking spaces by 150 cars approximately.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Slowey

Customer Relations Manager,
(Northern/Eastern), Connolly

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats some good news about the station. I wonder what impact that will have on the traffic in and out at peak times. That road is dangerous enough at the best of times!

I saw in Fingal Independent they will be building a new road between Rush and Lusk. They said it will be too costly to upgrade existing road so they will be building new one. Cost of 8m euro due to buying up land. Not sure if its been okayed yet or just in talks.

What's the reliability like on the 3 Data card? With the vodaphone card it gets very slow in the evenings!

Jesster - I'm from the area and I know one farmer who sold part of his land at the back of Kenure for that road - that was about 2 years ago!

3g data card it's kinda strange the speed seems to be a bit all over the place for browsing its grand but when you test with speedtest.ie it tells you that the speed is a little higher than ISDN. But I can download at average 50Kb's a second which is grand.

I can't really complain I'll keep it for the year and then see whats available in the area Im damned if I'm gona pay Eircon for line rental

Hi all. Im a civil Engineer working on new road between rush and lusk, So just to let ya know there is going to be a new road, but it wont it built for about 5 years.

Back