Going to Port Aventura

W

witchymand

I am going to Port aventura and Salou with my 3 year old son soon, was wondering does anyone have any tips on places to go and see, would appreciate your recommendations. Thanks Amanda

great!!

Port Aventura is a great theme park. Was there a couple of years ago and it is really enjoyable. The Dragon ride is one of the scariest rollercoasters Ive ever been on. (YOu will hear the screams from way off!!!).

Salou is your typical Spanish resort. We only stayed one night in the place. I would suggest that you could hire a car and head up to Barcelona. It is only about an hour or so on the motorway and there is plenty to see and do there.

Re: Port Aventura

Witchy

We spent two weeks in Salou - La Pineda, this summer and went to PA a number of times. It's fantastic. The park is divided into several lands, Wild west, Polynesia, China, Mexico etc. Main rides are Dragon Khan (the world's only 8 loop rollercoaster). In my opinion, Dragon Khan is not as scary as Stampida which is a big wooden rollercoaster. Did you say your son is three yrs old? In that case, he will not get on the big rides. There are lots of smaller rides tho' not as many as in Disneyland Paris. The other big ride is the Tutuki splash - not great. Costa Caribe is the water park alongside PA and you usually get a free day there depending on your ticket deal.

Salou is typical Spanish resort but nice for all that. Lots of tourist shops etc..Buses operate from all parts of the coast to port aventura. Taragona is a nearby town worth visiting for the streetsand the views etc.

If you have any specific queries I will try to be more relevant.

Slim 8)

Great theme park

It's a fab theme park! I had to laugh when I read your posting Slim - I also thought the Stampida was WAY more scarier than the Dragon Khan!! Because it's wooden it's so creeky and rattley, I thought the ride would never end, I was petrified! and even though the Dragon Khan LOOKS scarier you feel a whole lot safer on it.

Back