Getting to Tavira , Portugal

joer

Hi there. Just wondering what is the best public transport option in getting from Faro Airport to Tavira .
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi there. Just wondering what is the best public transport option in getting from Faro Airport to Tavira .
Thanks in advance
Uber is widely available in Portugal and quite cheap.

You can get to Tavira for around €35.

Were you thinking more along the lines of trains or buses?

Uber is widely available in Portugal and quite cheap.

You can get to Tavira for around €35.

Were you thinking more along the lines of trains or buses?
Thanks Gordon but I was thinking about busses or trains ..

You can get a bus or taxi from Faro airport to Faro train station.

Straight run to Tavira on train.

As you exit the station in Tavira there is a very handy Lidl supermarket to stock up with bits and pieces if you are staying in an apartment.

Make sure to have a drink/meal in the Black Anchor pub. Also take the walk from Tavira to the harbour area and get the ferry across to the beach area.

Also take the train to the Spanish border with Portugal at Vila Real de Santo. Hop on the ferry and cross in to Spain and visit the lovely town of Ayamonte.

It obviously depends on your arrival time, but if it's during the daytime I would suggest a bus to Faro bus station and the adjacent train station will have a train heading East toward Tavira. It's cheap and cheerful am=ny may just meet your needs. Otherwise, as previously posted an Uber or Taxi is your best option.

Hello, will be heading to Tavira soon and it will be a late arrival into Faro airport, about 10.30pm... Can anyone recommend a transfer co. to Tavira?

I would just hit Uber. Great value and there are loads of them. Just turn left when you come out and walk back up to the departures drop-off place. Click it as you come out.

We used Airports taxi transport.com. which was 68 euro return for two people to Tavira in May this year . Very reliable and on time for both journeys..
Hope you enjoy Tavira , we did..

Back