Getting a puppy from IKC or buy and sell

Just thought I'd update this thread - got the puppy from a breeder in Loais via the IKC - a beautiful yellow lab bitch - 12 weeks old. Picked her up 2 weeks ago and the folks are delighted with her altogether. Cost 300e and is a thourghbred pedigree effort. All her shots etc and is in perfect condition. Lovely temperment and very gentle and friendly. Already house trained by the folks in such a short time period. Now I want one!!!

. They have agreed that they'd love a puppy etc etc.

From my own family experience - puppy didn't work out as parents didn't remember all the chewing, training, etc, involved with a young animal. Luckily other relatives, who have teenagers, took him and all is fine. They later took a dog from the animal rescue, 1 year old, house trained etc, so everybody's happy!

Please Please Please go to you local animal wefare if you are looking for a dog. They can give you good advice for the best dog for your parents and it'll melt your heart to see how some of these dogs have been mistreated in the past and only want a good loving home

We got a slightly daft jack Russel for ourselves and a scut of a terrier for my parents in law from the one in Carlow/Kilkenny. There is no cost (although they'll take and you should make a donation) and just take it to the vet and get it snipped and you should be fine
And you'll feel a whole lot better giving a poor abandoned dog a home then funding some nasty breeder
Or try PAWS in Tipperary

Back