General Election 2016 - Where the parties stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophrosyne

IBEC have produced this to compare the platforms of the different Irish political parties on key business general election issues. The information was taken from the official party platforms and uses their own words to describe their positions.

The Irish Times politics team has profiled each of the 40 election constituencies and has come up with a prediction for them. You can check out how they have profiled your constituency.

On a quick tot up, they predict the following seats:

FG 54 + Ceann Comhairle 1
FF 34
SF 26
LP 14
Ind/others 19
GP 1
Renua 3
SD 3
AAA/PBP 3

Last edited:
The Irish Times politics team has profiled each of the 40 election constituencies and has come up with a prediction for them. You can check out how they have profiled your constituency.

FF 34
SF 26
LP 14
Ind/others 19
GP 1
Renua 3
SD 3
AAA/PBP 3

I don't think they've revised any of their constituency predictions through the course of the campaign at all

FF 34
SF 26
LP 14
Ind/others 19
GP 1
Renua 3
SD 3
AAA/PBP 3

The above is, I think, not correct as the IT predictions (in some counties) says there will be a fight for the last seat between such and such a person and doesn't give the last seat prediction at all. Also, as some others have said, they have not updated their original forecast despite a fall in the polls of some parties and an increase for others.

Can't see Labour getting anywhere near 14 seats. Ivan Yates is doing a similar exercise on Newstalk but not done all const yet

True story. First call this evening from FG. I put it to him that it was looking like only 50 seats. He told me not to believe the Poles. I expressed shock at such naked racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back