Gas boiler on then switches off

dodo

My Gas boiler wa in red and i reset and it ran for few minutes then stopped . I checked pressure gauge in hotpress and noticed it was below 1 bar, I turned pressure valve and got pressure upto 2 bar.Still boiler would come on for few minutes then switch off and no heat getting to radiators. Checked rad downstairs to see if any airlock and only water came out.
Any ideas before I call someone what I could try?

My Gas boiler wa in red
What do you mean by the above?

• What brand/model of boiler?
  • Does it show any errors, have its own water pressure indicator?
  • Is the hotpress still showing 2 bar you may have a leak?
  • Is the pump running?
  • Thermostats set correctly? (It's surprising how many times this is an issue especially with kids)

As you and Daniel O'Donnell know, it's illegal to service/tamper with a gas appliance yourself unless you are an a RGI. So if all the obvious items check out, call a RGI to come and look at it.

Make us Vokera, I switch it on and green light flashes which is normal then it stop and light switches to red.
No pump,it's own pressure is 1.5 bar which it always is.Gauge in hotpress is still 2 bar.
Annoying as June feels like October

We had similar issue on our boiler last year. It was either the pcb or the fan. Can’t remember which. Had to get RGI out to diagnose and fix

From a quick read, a solid red on a Vokera boiler is a lockout condition due to an internal fault.

You didn't mention what model it is, some appear to have a display indicating a fault code. If a reset didn't resolve, it's likely to need a professional to look at it.

From a quick read, a solid red on a Vokera boiler is a lockout condition due to an internal fault.

You didn't mention what model it is, some appear to have a display indicating a fault code. If a reset didn't resolve, it's likely to need a professional to look at it.
Cheers guys, it about 10 yrs old so maybe time to upgrade. Is there any grants of buying new boiler?

Last edited:
Cheers guys, it about 10 yrs old so maybe time to upgrade. Is there any grants of buying new boiler?
There are no grants for Gas/Oil boilers, in fact the plan is to phase all fossil fuel boilers out by 2030.

There are grants to update heating controls, such as Nest etc.

10 years is not that bad for a GFCH boiler mine is over double that but does need replacing! But I'm selling my house so will let the new owner decide.

Depends on your budget, what the current boiler efficiency rating is etc.

It could be something very simple, like a failed pcb/fan etc. A RGI professional will tell you what needs replacing, cost and what you'd gain from upgrading.

There are no grants for Gas/Oil boilers, in fact the plan is to phase all fossil fuel boilers out by 2030.

There are grants to update heating controls, such as Nest etc.

10 years is not that bad for a GFCH boiler mine is over double that but does need replacing! But I'm selling my house so will let the new owner decide.

Depends on your budget, what the current boiler efficiency rating is etc.

It could be something very simple, like a failed pcb/fan etc. A RGI professional will tell you what needs replacing, cost and what you'd gain from upgrading.
Boiler just needed service and now back working, same guy always services for me and said new boiler be about 2,700 including install,

Back