Garden of Eden,Bulgaria

POD1

Hi Guys,

I have just booked an apartment in the Sunny beach area of Bulgaria I am interested to see if anyone else has dealt with this resort or has any opinions in general.My plan is to haold the apartment in about 5 years any hopefully make a 100% gain,Maybe I am mad!!

First of all, beware of the serpents in the Garden! ;-)

But seriously, yes - I think you probably are mad. I managed to dissuade one other potential Bulgarian purchaser over on [broken link removed]. I'd guess that many of the same issues apply.

No you are certainly not mad. Go for it. Bulgaria is definitely the next big thing. When they hit the Euro in 2007 and interest rates plummit there is only one way for property prices to go and that is up up up. The facts are there. Don't listen to the negativity and the risk adverse people. Yes you need to be sure you're paying market rate, yes you will pay CGT but only on your profit !! Yes it's a risk, but that's the nature of an investment. Manager your risk and you will make money on it. It's a good bet. Good for you.

Lilia said:
there is only one way for property prices to go and that is up up up.
Anyone who enters any investment on the basis that there is only one way for prices to go is a fool.

I think everyone knows what I meant by that. Nothing is certain but some things are more likely than others... If I was as careful and pesimistic as you suggest, I would never have made any investments.

Back