Free software and tech support links

ClubMan

I've mentioned Gizmo Richards' Tech Support Alert website before but just to reiterate it contains some very useful to free software and tech support sites and you can also register for a very informative free tech support newsletter that is sent out from time to time. For example, if AAM contributors can't provide the answer to your tech support problem then it might be worth trying some of the support sites listed. Hope this helps.

DR M. Zonealarm have a firewall. comes 2nd to Kerio in that gizmo list CM has compiled. Kerio is ok now anyway. dont know where it went yesteday. Walkabout maybe.

Top 100 downloads. probably a lot of the same downloads as contained in the other links but I like the way this one is organised.

Some more from a crowd called nirsoft.

These are more techy then anything else but someone may get use out of them.

I have just started using Copernic Desktop Search and it seems pretty good so far - and doesn't seem to suffer from the same security/privacy concerns as other alternatives. In particular much better for searching emails than the unpredicatable search facility built into Outlook.

Download Solaris (UNIX) Operating System for free (aimed at techy types mostly);

[broken link removed]

Try launchy a little app that makes it easier to open applications. Been testing today and find it useful. 2 tips, definitely read the pdf before use and make sure you know the name of the app youre trying to open.

Try [broken link removed]. A lot of high quality open source software on this CD. You ca see the cd list [broken link removed].

Finding windows slow to boot up? Try this startup program delayer, windows starts a number of programs at startup and usually wont let you do anything until all programs have started. This app will let you delay some of the programs until after youve started windows and are working away. I gave it a quick test and got good results.

lot of links the same as above but a few new ones as well.. an education link for the first time too, Id be interested in compiling a list of education freeware apps in one place if anyone has some theyed like to contribute.

300bestfreewarelinks

I just signed up for [broken link removed] of his newsletter/website. For a mere $10 it is well worth it in my opinion. Especially considering the benefit I already got from his free version.

Free [broken link removed]courses. Im putting here as it free software I suppose. I downloaded 1 of the tapes and the notes for french, they need to be used together.

Languages covered are

Amharic
Arabic
Cambodian
Cantonese
Chinese
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hungarian
Korean
Portuguese
Spanish
Swahili
Swedish
Thai
Turkish
Vietnamese

Nice one, car. Now can anyone recommend a download assistant (without the spyware of the dreaded GetRight, etc.) that would 'harvest' from all those links instead of having to right-click/save-as on each of them individually? :)

lord only knows where youd get something like [broken link removed]. ;)

Back