Freakwent spelling errors

macnas

What are the most misspelt (?) words on AAM?

Accommodation must be at the top of the list? Are there others?

Misuse of their/there/they're and your/you're - not so much a spelling error as a grammar one. Don't get me started on crimes against the apostrophe!

Tennants.
Extraneous apostrophe's (sic.).

Not that common but remarkable all the same: Conveyancy.

I remember somebody posting about "painter's cork for my window reveens" when they meant "painter's caulk for my window reveals"!

Tennants.

When I took a bunch of lads over to Scotland last year to play football (;) ) and have a few pints, they thought Tennants was the best lager they'd tasted. Worked out at about €2.90 a pint too.

back on topic, .....sentance

Been instead of being.
Should of instead of Should have

One of my favourites has to have been a sign on a bucket of bargain cushions in a Banana Tree shop in Tallaght which stated, "Zips broke".

Been instead of being.
Should of instead of Should have

One of my favourites has to have been a sign on a bucket of bargain cushions in a Banana Tree shop in Tallaght which stated, "Zips broke".

of and off

I remember a hand written notice in our local shop advertising the services of a "chimbley cleaner".

This thread will confuse me even more. And not only in spelling terms, when i see a word or hear it over and over it starts to have no meaning and becomes a noise.

This thread will confuse me even more. And not only in spelling terms, when i see a word or hear it over and over it starts to have no meaning and becomes a noise.

Even if its writen? Surely a writen word can have no noise, unless it is spoken.

Jaid

Actually, I know what you mean - although for me it tends to happen with slightly more exotic words.

My nomination: relevent.

Back