Forward planning for Cost Neutral Early Retirement

so then what is the basis of applying an actuarial reduction?, I cant understand how some sectors are interpreting this differently?

so then what is the basis of applying an actuarial reduction?, I cant understand how some sectors are interpreting this differently?

Me neither.

As the Supplementary is calculated as the difference between (a) the Coordinated Pension and (b) the pension that would have arisen if it had been Uncoordinated, the issue appears to be that some are interpreting this as meaning the difference between the CNER Coordinated Pension and what the CNER Uncoordinated Pension would have been (which de facto is the same as applying the actuarial reduction, while not paying it until normal retirement age).

I don’t mean to hijack the thread and my query is relevant; is there such a thing as a decent fee-based advisor who knows his or her onions in this space? Preferably not one that begins with ‘C’...

Would think most people availing of CNER would have a plan set out for their future, I am in public service and know a good few who have done it to avail of AVC benefits and a small pension and then gone on to other work, dont think many doing CNER are 'retiring' in the traditional sense... if mortgage finished its a way to earn money and not see it all disappear in tax.....

Agree that the whole area needs to be simplified,

Back