Formula 1 and Rugby World Cup

That image of the LOI tends to be the view of those who I would consider to be stereotypical rugger buggers (D4 Kiely heads).

The general perception of LOI among the greater body public is simply that it's rubbish.
At least that's my experience.....

Does that mean that everyone who supports Eircom League Soccer is skinny, smokes John Player Blue, wears a tracksuit and lives in a poor area?.

No, but it's interesting that you described them thus. Do you believe this perception exists, rightly or wrongly?

Even if I got that impression of a crowd I would not assume that everyone there was the same.

Good for you, but, with respect, your views are not necessarily represenative of the general public.

Put it another way, if you take your skinny, John Player Blue smoking, tracksuit wearing bloke from a poor area, which sport do you reckon he's likely to follow most closely?

Similarly, if you take a D4, Heiny-drinking, Beemer-loving, cigar-chomping, Armani-wearing type, which sport might one associate him with?

Answers on a postcard............

Put it another way, if you take your skinny, John Player Blue smoking, tracksuit wearing bloke from a poor area, which sport do you reckon he's likely to follow most closely?

Lacrosse I reckon.

Similarly, if you take a D4, Heiny-drinking, Beemer-loving, cigar-chomping, Armani-wearing type, which sport might one associate him with?

Dog fighting?

Golf. In both cases.