Flight Compensation

tcab23

I recently had an Are Lingus flight cancelled from Cork to London which meant I missed a connecting flight from London to the US. The flights were booked through United Airlines but the London leg was operated by Are Lingus.

I was told I could apply for compensation and so tried submitting a claim through the Are Lingus website. However it seems the form does not take the booking flight reference as apparently it needs to begin with a 2. My United flight reference does not begin with 2. I am wondering therefore if I need to contact Are Lingus directly or if I need to make the claim via United Airlines. Anyone any experience of making a similar claim when there was multiple airlines involved.

A booking reference beginning with 2 exists for your flight but it may not be on your e-ticket that was issued by United. If you were already checked in and received your luggage tags at Cork airport you'll see the Aer Lingus reference under your name on the bag tag. If you don't have these you'll need to ring the travel agent you booked with or contact United airlines on the number for UK/Ireland and they should give you the Aer Lingus reference number.

Your flights were booked through United, so you will need to claim via United.

Back