fixing Neighbours drain pipe

Yes it's small but it's hard wood and it' needs to be removed so as not to damage the wall or cause more cracks
It's probably still growing inside the roof

The crack will be letting in water that will eventually lead to significant damage, it will also grow as water in it freezes and thaws over the winter months. Ultimately though if the owner doesn't seem to be too bothered, you need to let it go unless it is directly affecting your property.

The owner does not know its growing inside his wall and under his ceiling roof , I have not told him, he thinks it's growing in the drain pipe , I'll tell him in a few days.
Unless he gets on the roof it's hard to see where the tree is as it's blocked by his sloping roof

I have another tree growing inside my wall
On my property
I cut it back to 12 inches ,
It was about 9 ft high
I. Ll need to cut out the tree in my wall
I think I. Ll remove my tree stump and fill in the hole with a silicone compound
recommended for use in stone or brick walls

Eg about a week ago I discovered I had 2 trees growing
One on his gable
One in my wall
About 15 ft away same type of tree
Is there a chemical I can use to put on the stump to stop it growing?

No in few days I.ll drop in a note
The tree is growing inside your roof
Thru a hole in the wall 1 by 1.5inch approx
If you wish to fix it I.ll give you acess so you can hire an expert to remove it and to
Seal the hole in the wall
It's not my responsibility to remove it as its on your wall

Wow; it only took 43 posts to realise what everyone has been telling you from the very beginning.

Reactions: Leo
I still have to remove a tree stump 15 ft away on. My wall, it's much bigger, about 10 inches wide ,
It's about 12 inches long,
I cut it down to stump , I ll have to cut the stump into pieces and take it out piece by piece
And seal up the hole in the wall with some type of silicone

And seal up the hole in the wall with some type of silicone

Don't try to fill a 10" hole with silicone, it will fail. Make sure all growth is dead and fully removed before patching properly with stone / brick / block / cement as the wall construction demands.

It seems like you are mumbling to yourself when you make all these posts and putting it down on paper so you can read it back later.

Can I ask. Is the tree, the hole in the wall, whatever, causing any damage to your property. What is your concern? It seems your neighbour doesn't give a toss so why should you?

There's 2 trees one on the gable wall,
Another tree is growing into my wall about 10 ft from roof level, that tree was about 10 ft high before I cut it,

No neighbours tree is his problem
To make it clear I have a much larger tree in my wall
At least 7 inch wide .
I. Ll have to remove it . And fill in the hole.
My neighbour can hire an expert to deal with the tree on his gable wall.
Is there a chemical I can put on the tree to stop it growing until I can deal with it

to make it clear half the pipe rests on my roof ,then it continues onto the gable wall ,its black heavy metal pipe.

is there a small tool , or spade i can buy to clean a drain pipe ,
the pipe is about 4-5 inchs wide

is there any where i can buy a garden scoop in the city centre , dublin , a plastic one ,should be less than 5 inchs wide.
drain snake is no use to me, im cleaning 3 pipes like these ones ,below link,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_gutter#/media/File:UPVC_Rainwater_goods_2084.JPG

eg it goes across just under the roof tile ,s ,horizontal , metal ,eg its a black metal gutter .
i,m going to clean em all in the next week,
when i have a scoop to use on them,

something like this must be less than 5 inchs wide.

i looked on the website it does not have info re size or the woidth

in this post i should have said gutter its not a drain pipe,
a drian pipe go,s down the wall,
i meant a gutter to collect water falling from the roof

Don't know about anybody else but I've always used my hands to remove any "heavy" debris from my gutters
If you're afraid of getting your hands dirty put some gloves on, no need for a scoop

Reactions: Leo
i have 4 drain pipes to clean ,i ,d prefer to buy a plastic scoop ,
these gutters are 20 ft high ,
i would not like use gloves to do this .
they havent been cleaned in 2 years at least.
they are full of leaves and moss

i have 4 drain pipes to clean ,i ,d prefer to buy a plastic scoop ,
I have used a garden trowel in the past. You can dump it 20 feet below & then clean it up or have a container attached to the ladder to put it in. Alternatively, assuming your down pipes are clean, then stick a hose into the gutter, turn on the water and flush it down the drainpipe (just have a drain-snake handy to unblock the down pipe every now & again!

Back