Health Insurance First time to buy health insurance

Chean08

Hi,

I would like to inquire on what plan should I get for an health insurance. I am 33, non-smoker, no health issues, never have seen a GP. I just want a health cover in case of emergencies as I frequently travel abroad. Also, plans with fertility would be a great factor.

I was looking into VHI Nurses Plan as what my colleagues recommended but paying around 145€ per month is a bit high for me.

Thank You.

Hi Chean08,

Welcome to AAM. Nurses Plan is an over-priced, not great value plan so you are right to shop around.
The following 3 plans are worth considering, including fertility benefits. Details as follows;

1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1193pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission
and day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants, dental, optical etc. Fertility benefit
included.

2. VHI PMI 07 10; price 1240pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year for all
admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants, dental, optical etc.
Fertility benefit included. (note; Whitfield Private hospital Waterford, and Kingsbridge Private hospital Sligo not covered)

3. VHI PMI 40 15; price 1108pa; all public, private and some hi-tech hospital cover, private excess 75 per admission, day case excess 50 per
procedure. Very limited day to day cover on this plan, fertility benefit included.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Nurses Plan is not good value for money for the price, tell your colleagues to check out the following 2 plans, with extra day to day cover.
VHI PMI 07 10 or VHI PMI 38 14.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thanks for the response. It was a great help. I availed the first one you said.

Thanks again.

Back