First hand experience of homeopathic remedies ?

TarfHead said:
FWIW - and I've no wish to stoke the flames of this debate. When I made my original post, the responses were different to what I had hoped for.

My son had, what we and his various teachers believe to be, excessive tantrums. His reactions to transitions have been disproportionate and a cause of anxiety and, to be honest, embarrassment. He will be 6 at the end of June. This is how it has been since he was a toddler.

We tried a number of approaches, none of which seemed to have the desired effect. Someone suggested homeopathy so we gave it a lash.

I accept the criticisms and antipathy articulated earlier in this thread. I remain sceptical of the 'theory' underpinning homeopathy. By coincidence, it is similarly dismissed in the book I am currently reading.

He has attended the homeopath twice and has been taking the 'remedy' every day for about 6 weeks. The change in his behaviour has been dramatic.

This has been observed by all who know him well and commented upon. He is still prone to the occasional outburst, but nothing on the scale or frequency of prior behaviour. He is much more reasonable when dealing with transitions.

The 'remedy' has, to all intents and purposes, nothing in it. He may as well be drinking tap water. But we had a problem, we visited a homeopath, and now the problem is either solved, or it's manifestations are in abeyance.

I consider the money handed over value at twice the price.
There may be a correlation between the "treatment" and an improvement in the underlying situation but the likelyhood of there being a substantive causal link between the former and the latter is slim to none. Perhaps if you had held off things might have improved anyway? Or if you had independently treated your son with water or some other sunstance with no active ingredients and saved your money? If you are still happy to pay over your money for nothing then I can give you my account details and I will happily accept donations.

zero scientific evidence which would be easy to find if such things worked.placebo or getting better anyway is what happens.

Back