First active offset t&c booklet

Very good :)

I had a look through the booklets I have and it makes no mention at all of it but it's more a T&Cs booklet for the operation of the offset accounts attached rather than the mortgage itself. The mortgage related booklet I have is definitely not the full original one, I think it was just the one issued when they were changed from current account mortgage to offset mortgage as there was a couple of small changes in the way it worked.
looking for terms and conditions for first active offset flex mortgage any help greatly accepted [email protected]

Will have a look tomorrow, might have one. Are you having problems with moving it to the new property? I always thought UB would try get out of that one but I read on another forum recently of people who were managing to move it as it allows.
looking for terms and conditions for first active offset flex mortgage any help greatly accepted [email protected]

Did you get the booklet. I have it if you still need it. My version is dated 4/2/2003

I have had huge problems operating this account since UB took over. The staff just don't seem to be trained in this product.

Having said that you do seem to be asking a lot. The mortgage is secured against the original property, if you sell it it is not unreasonable that they want you to redeem the mortgage.

But you never know. UB haven't a clue when it comes to this product.

When trying to withdraw funds under the facility arrangement I have (seriously) stood blocking the doorway of my local branch and shouting for all to hear that i wouldn't leave until I got my money.

Instead of calling the guards, they agreed to release the money and I subsequently got an apology and compensation for the delay. That was 3 years ago.

Just recently I withdrew some more money from this account. They sent me about 6 BS letters asking for stuff they were not entitled to or I had already sent them. It took them 6 weeks to make the transfer. I fully expect to be compensated for this delay as well.

Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest.

What particular aspect of it are you looking for, there is a lot of pages in the booklet and a lot of it just definitions of this and that. If I have the relevant section I can scan it and send to you.

We tried to move our offset tracker to another property but Ulster Bank said that as our circumstances had changed such that we didn't meet their criteria to be given a new mortgage they didn't have to agree to let us take this one with us. I was looking to take less than the current balance and for a shorter term than what is remaining. We have lodged a complaint and received a final response letter and our next step is the FSO. Has anyone heard of a similar case, and if so, do you know how it ended up.

was this property a new one to you or one one you already had a mortgage on or owned?

was this property a new one to you or one one you already had a mortgage on or owned?
We had our mortgage with First Active on our home which was our only house which we took out in 2008. We decided to downsize but Ulster Bank maintain that they don't have to allow this. We have a copy of our terms and conditions from 2008 but not sure if they have them. We have asked for a copy of the T&C's that they are using three times but they keep sending us later ones where the wording has changed. Before going to the FSO we are going to ask for a copy of our offer letter to see do they have that even though we have a copy. It seems to me that they really don't know how this product works and are hoping we will just give up, but that's not going to happen. I work in a bank and have dealt with mortgages for years so I know what they are saying doesn't make sense. We have already downsized with another Bank at a higher rate so now have all the time in the world to see this through.

Sorry I prob didn't get across what I was trying to ask or I may be misunderstanding you.
You want to downsize and move your offset.
Do you already own or have a mortgage on the property you want to downsize to and apply the offset mortgage to?

Or is this property you want to move the offset to new to you?

Sorry I prob didn't get across what I was trying to ask or I may be misunderstanding you.
You want to downsize and move your offset.
Do you already own or have a mortgage on the property you want to downsize to and apply the offset mortgage to?

Or is this property you want to move the offset to new to you?
We were looking to sell our house and buy a Completely new one and transfer our offset mortgage to the new house. As Ulster Bank would not agree to this we had to sell our house and get a Mortgage from a different bank on the new house. At this stage it will be compensation we will be looking for as we no longer have a tracker rate and so will be paying a lot more over the term of the mortgage.

Hello,
Just wondering has anyone out there the t&c booklet that came with the offset current account mortgage from first active circa 2004/2005?
Trying to move mortgage now to new build and having "issues" to say the least from UB.
Cheers
Hi just wondering if you ever had any luck with getting a copy of first active t&c booklet ?

Back