Financial Advice & Direction Needed

bricksguy

Hi there, I am looking for help in sourcing good independent advice in looking at future possible investment decisions, I have my own home ( limerick ) with a 25% loan to value, plus five other properties all at between 70-80% loan to value, includes holiday home in clare, all 5 houses on interest only finance and rent covers all repayments even holiday home which has little rental income, would bank / broker finance another interest only as I would like to buy apt in Dublin.

You're not worried about putting all your eggs in the one basket? Or have you other investments to give you a more balanced portfolio?

Yeah - I reckon the obvious first piece of advice is to look carefully at the risks involved in concentrating most or all of your wealth in a single asset class and geographic region (Irish property) and to consider the possible advantages if diversifying your portfolio across a wider range of asset classes, risk/reward profiles and geographic regions.

I accept what your saying but with serious increases in population trends especially in dublin, and the outside possibility that i might be working in dublin a few days a week in the future, i think an apt in a good location will always wash its face.

Is that the full basis on which you are considering this further property basis or have you crunched the numbers (conservative estimates) for the type of area and property which you will be looking at to ensure that (a) the opportunity is viable (b) it is more advantageous than alternative possible investments and (c) the most suitable investment for your specific circumstances and plans?

Accept your points of view, anyway not sure would the bank issue another loan as most properties except ppr are at around 80% L-V, although they might let me up my ppr loan to release equity,which might release about 100k wich only brings L-V to about 50% still comfortable

National irish can do you interest only for 25 yrs

bricksguy said:
Hi there, I am looking for help in sourcing good independent advice in looking at future possible investment decisions, I have my own home ( limerick ) with a 25% loan to value, plus five other properties all at between 70-80% loan to value, includes holiday home in clare, all 5 houses on interest only finance and rent covers all repayments even holiday home which has little rental income, would bank / broker finance another interest only as I would like to buy apt in Dublin.

Back